Nowadays, we use our mobile phones to record some of the most important moments in our lives, such as birthdays, graduations, anniversaries, family holidays, etc. It’s probably happened to you more than once that you started shooting a video of your child being adorable, or your friend doing something funny, and you wished you could take a photo without stopping a video. The good news is that if you own an iPhone 5, you can. It’s simple, and today we’ll show you how. 🙂
1. Launch the Camera app from your iPhone.
2. Once there, switch to the Video mode.
3. Press the red button to start recording your video.
4. Next to the now red square will be a camera button.
5. Tap on the camera icon to take a picture.
Every time you tap the on the camera button, your device will save the photo to your Camera Roll, but your video will keep on recording. Bear in mind, however, that pictures taken this way will be of significantly lower quality than regular photos. Most iPhones shoot 3264 x 2448 pixel photos, but this way, your photos will have a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels.
Still, it’s a pretty useful option to have, don’t you agree? 🙂