Dropbox has become one of the most used service available at the moment, because it allows you to store and share large files of all formats for free. Any file that you upload is stored online, which means that you don’t have to worry about it getting lost. 🙂
Once you’ve created an account, you get 5GB of free storage, but in case you need more space for your files, you can always become a premium user (you pay a monthly subscription fee) and get 100GB more.
What’s great about Dropbox is that you can use it to store your media files, too. The only difference is that it might take them a bit longer to upload than simple text files. If you upload your favourite songs to Dropbox, you can then listen to them directly from this virtual cloud, rather than having to download them first. Here’s how this works.
1. To play a specific song, you’ll first need to find it in your Dropbox account. Tap on a folder to open it up.
2. Select the track you want to listen to by tapping on it once.
3. Next, choose the app on your device that you want to play the song with. You’ll get the option to set the app as your default app or to only use it once.
4. Your song will open in a pop-up player over the Dropbox interface.
5. You can pause or stop the track whenever you want, or tap on X to close it.
Organizing your music is also easy with Dropbox – all you have to do is create a folder (or folders) from the main menu options, and then drag the tracks into the right folder.
If you want to share your songs, this can be done easily as well. Simply tap Share to send it to a contact or post it on G+ or a similar website. 🙂